Friday 18 September 2009

Metallics - Costume Design - Lighting


I recently did a creative shoot with the amazing Andrew Farrington and my partner Steve Bevan as Andrew's assistant. The model here is Janine McCauley from Nemesis Models.

For this shoot I wanted to use alot of Metallics as I knew Andrew would be using some amazing lighting. Steve and I came up with the idea of creating a collar (Ruff) to be a bold statement drawing attention to the face. I like to make the eye makeup a focal point in my work so for this I used a bold colour pallette in shades of bright Green and and highlighted areas with a light reflective pale Blue, using alot of shimmer and glitter to accent the metallics of the costume.

All the parts of the costume are hand made by myself and Steve.

You can see more of this shoot here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/album.php?aid=308953&id=128171355330

No comments:

Post a Comment