Friday 18 September 2009

Chanel Pro Lumiere Review


I decided to try out the Chanel Pro Lumiere foundation in in shade 02- Clair. I have been using it for about 3 weeks now and I have to say I've really fallen in love with the product, and intend getting more shades for my kit.

Here's the description of the product direct from the Chanel site:

This foundation provides you effortless perfection with professional looking results. This breakthrough oil-free formula imparts an unprecedented semi-matte finish that can be blended for a soft, natural look or built up for greater sophistication

Personally for my own skin, I don't like my face to feel weighed down by a product and always go for something that glides onto my skin and doesn't go chalky after a few hours. I have spoken to people in the past who have sworn by a foundation, but to me it's still very heavy and mask like. This foundation gives a semi to full coverage depending on the method of application. My favourite way to use this for myself is to prep my skin with a good water based moisturiser first using a foundatation brush, then using a small amount of the foundation with the same brush as I've used to apply the moisturiser, all over the face in light motions, just to give a natural light finish, then with a smaller brush, take a little more of the foundation and use in the areas that may need extra cover, doing it this way I don't have to resort to any heavy concealers. Finishing off with a very light dusting of traslucent powder to set the makeup. It lasts all day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment